As a young organization, we are still developing the four areas of programs to connect and to support stakeholders of developmental disabilities. For now, it is easier to see who we are by taking a look at what we do. The following are some of the activities we are organizing or we organized in the past.
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities 2015: DD Community Connector’s Edward Lau, Chloe Ho and Karen Leung participated at the International Day of Persons with Disabilities, 2015 (IDPD, 2015) celebration that was held by the Federal Public Service of Canada on December 03, 2015 at the Joseph Shepard Building auditorium at North York, Toronto.
- CN Tower Climb for United Way Toronto and York Region: DD Community Connector’s volunteer team participated in the fund raising event for both 2015 and 2016. We look forward to the climb in 2017!
- Moments of Life Concert: DD Community Connector hosted the first fund raising concert at the Toronto Centre for the Arts on March 27th, 2016.
- Big Things Often Have Small Beginnings Annual Show: We hosted the second fund raising concert at the City Playhouse Theatre on March 18, 2017.
- Income Tax Clinic 2017: Community Living York South and DD Community Connector will jointly host the first personal tax-filing clinic for people with development disabilities and their parents on April 2, 2017.
True to our mandate, we worked hard in all of these events to connect people, families, and organizations who care about people with developmental disabilities. Some activities build capacity in our community. Some programs are testing new idea. We may do well in some events, and we may not do so well in others, but we always learn how to improve our community and we will connect and share with you what we learn.